Follow this guide to get ready for your first day with CodeHS!
Set up your Teacher Account
- If you don’t have a CodeHS teacher account, create one here.
- If your school has purchased a Pro license, make sure your section(s) have Pro access by visiting your license page at https://codehs.com/toolbox/license.
- If you have questions please contact your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
Set up your Courses and Sections
- From your Teacher Page, click Courses to set up curriculum for your students.
- Once your Courses are set up, click Create New Section at the top of the page. Learn more about Creating Courses and Sections.
- When you're ready for students to get started, invite your students to join your section with your class code or join link. Learn more about inviting students to join your section.
Check out the CodeHS Curriculum
- Explore the curriculum like a student by toggling to your Student Page. Learn more about viewing curriculum as a student.
- Check out the resources for your courses here. Use the Switch Course button at the top of the page to switch to a different course.
- Join the CodeHS Facebook Group or Teacher Forum and introduce yourself!
Your First Day with Students
- Students can visit codehs.com/go to create their accounts and join your class with your class code. Learn more about inviting students to join your section.
- As students sign up, they'll be added to your class roster.
- You can also create student accounts in advance with Google Classroom. Learn more about creating student accounts with Google Classroom.
Setting Expectations (First Week Lessons)
- Have a discussion with your students about Digital Citizenship with this Lesson Plan
- Instill a Growth Mindset in your students right off the bat
- Read and sign the CodeHS Honor Code
- Try out a mini-lesson or a Goal Setting Activity before students log in.
Still have questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!