Welcome back to school! This guide is meant to be a resource to help you get set up and prepare for a year teaching with CodeHS. Here are some helpful steps to make sure you’re ready for the year ahead.
Schedule a “Back to School Demo”
Each summer CodeHS adds new features/tools and works on improving the overall experience for teachers and students using CodeHS. If you’re completely new to CodeHS, or just want to learn about the exciting new features on CodeHS this summer, we’d be happy to help. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Review the First Day Checklist
For a guide that will help you with your students on the first day of school, visit codehs.com/firstday.
Set Up Your New Courses and Sections
From your Courses page in the left-hand menu, you can create new courses and sections for this school year. From this page you have a variety of options, from creating, copying, and archiving courses to setting access controls.
- Archive Last Year’s Sections: It’s always nice to have a clean teacher dashboard. By archiving your classes from last year you can save all your students’ work and progress, but remove the class from showing up on your teacher page. Don’t worry, you can always retrieve these classes later if you need to view them (learn more here).
Access Week Zero Lesson Plans
Check our Week Zero Lesson Plans at codehs.com/weekzero to easily implement CodeHS in your classroom and get students engaged right away.
Prepare for Virtual Teaching
We know many schools are transitioning to a virtual or hybrid setup this year, reference our Virtual Teaching Guide at codehs.com/virtual to learn more about how to use CodeHS in a virtual setting.
[NEW] Go through our free 2-hour playlist on Teaching in a Blended Setting with CodeHS to take your computer science classroom virtual this year. Visit codehs.com/playlist/9477 to get started!
Register for Upcoming Webinars & Virtual PD
Throughout the year, the CodeHS Team and Teacher Trainers host a variety of free virtual events from webinars to 2-hour virtual PD workshops.
Learn more and register online at codehs.com/webinars!
Know Where To Go For Help
We have a ton of great help resources whenever you need some assistance:
- Review our info pages at codehs.com/info to learn about curriculum, professional development, teacher tools, and more.
- Visit the Knowledge Base at help.codehs.com to access a hundreds of how-to help articles.
- Still need help? Reach out to our team at email@example.com anytime.
Learn More about CodeHS Pro
Interested in getting access to a comprehensive set of CodeHS Pro teacher tools to help you save time this year? Send us a note at codehs.com/learnmore and our team will get in touch to tell you more about Pro and help you plan for the year ahead.
Join the CodeHS Community
Want to network other CodeHS teachers, share best practices, and ask questions? There are a few ways to get involved with the community.
- Join the CodeHS Educator Facebook group.
- Apply to become a CodeHS Certified Educator.
- Attend free PD workshops hosted by Teacher Trainers near you.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there’s anything we can do to make it a great year!