Write your own multiple choice questions to create your own custom quiz. You can create a quiz directly on the Assignment Page, or create a quiz as part of a Playlist using CodeHS Create.
Creating a Quiz Assignment from the Assignment Page
- Go to your Course or Section Assignment Page
- Use the down arrow to view assignments and click Add New Assignment
- Select Quiz under Choose your Assignment Type
Using the Create Menu
- You can title your quiz, write questions, re-order questions, and configure the settings for this assignment
- Once finished, you can preview the assignment
- You can edit the questions and settings of a finished quiz by clicking on Edit next to the quiz name on the Assignment Page
Create a Quiz Using CodeHS Create
- Click on Create in the left nav bar
- Create a Playlist by typing a name and clicking the green Create button.
- Click Add New Activity.
- Name Quiz and create questions with answer choices.
- The radio button to the left marks the correct answer choice
- You can then assign the playlist to the section(s) of your choice
The CodeHS Quiz Question Bank
You can also add pre-written questions from the CodeHS Quiz Question Bank to your quiz. The Quiz Question Bank is filled with questions created by CodeHS teachers and by members of the CodeHS team. You can filter questions by difficulty, programming language, votes, and AP CSP Principle Standards.
Adding questions from the Quiz Question Bank
- Create and name a new custom quiz
- Click Toolbox in the top nav bar go to Create > Quiz Question Bank
- Search for quiz questions and Click the Add to Quiz button next to the question
- Choose the name of quiz you would like to add the question to
- You will then be redirected to your custom quiz
- You can edit the question you assigned and save to your quiz
Still have questions? Contact our team at email@example.com to learn more!