Follow this guide to get ready for your first day with CodeHS!
You can find this information in the form of a checklist at www.codehs.com/firstday
Make Sure Your Account is Fully Set Up:
- If you don’t have a CodeHS teacher account, create one at codehs.com/signup/teacher
- If you have purchased a Pro membership and don’t see a “Pro” sticker next to your class, contact your CodeHS Account Manager to set that up
Set Up Your Classes:
- From your teacher page, create classes using the blue “Add:” box in the top right corner
- Each of your classes has a unique class code, which can be found to the far right of the class name on your teacher page. Students will use this code to join the correct class.
- Find all of resources for your first lesson: https://codehs.com/course/1/lesson/1.1
- Explore the curriculum from your user page. You can access your user page by clicking on your name in the top right corner of any page on CodeHS, by clicking “My Profile”
- Explore the CodeHS teacher tools found in the top navigation bar of your class pages
- Join our Teacher Forum and introduce yourself: forum.codehs.com/t/teacher-introductions/1000
Day 1 with Students
- Students can visit your codehs.com/go to create their accounts and join your class
- Students will be taken to their user page, where they can get started on the first lesson
- Once students sign up for your class(es), you’ll be able to see a class roster for each class by clicking on the class from your teacher page.
- Have a discussion with your students about Digital Citizenship
- Instill a Growth Mindset in your students right off the bat
- Read and sign the CodeHS Honor Code
- Try out a mini-lesson or a goal setting activity before students log on.
- Students can start working on the content immediately. Every time they log in, they’ll be able to see their progress and pick up from where they last left off.
- Students will be able to move at their own pace through the content.