Due Date Settings allow you to set due dates modules, lessons, and assignments. Any student submissions of an assignment after its due date will be marked as late.
Access the Due Date Settings Page:
- From the Teacher Page, click the ‘…’ next to the Section you want to edit
- Choose Due Date Settings
- Select the due dates for Modules, Lessons, and Assignments
- Click on a section name from the teacher page to view that Section
- Use top nav bar and go to Course Settings > Due Dates
Assignments that are submitted late show up in the Gradebook with a little red triangle on the top right corner (as shown below).
Change the due date for a single assignment:
- Navigate to the Assignments Page
- Click the ‘...’ next to the assignment and select Due Dates
- OR - Select the Configure (gear) icon next to the assignment to access settings
Clear a Due Date
To clear and remove a previously set due date, click the 'x' next to the due date.
Students Viewing Due Dates
Students can view the Due Dates that you’ve assigned them by selecting Due Dates from the left-hand sidebar. This page shows the Due Dates for their assigned Activities as well as a status icon.
Students can also view Due Dates from the Assignment tab in their editor. The notification will be red if the student's assignment is past due.
- How to Change Due Dates for a Specific Student
- Customizing the Gradebook to learn how to automatically give late assignments zero
Due Date settings are only available on CodeHS Pro. To get Pro for your school, contact our team at email@example.com.