Get set up with CodeHS quickly and easily! CodeHS is a fully web-based platform, so all you need is a modern web-browser and access to the internet. There are no software or downloads are required!
Specific requirements for using CodeHS at your school include:
- 1 computer per student during class (Mac, PC, Chromebook all work great!)
- Online connectivity at a minimum of 10MB/sec
- Modern browsers on computers (up-to-date Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Access to headphones for each student in class
The following domains should be whitelisted on your school or district network to ensure CodeHS works with your school's firewall:
- *.codehs.com (codehs.com and all subdomains)
- *.codehs.me (codehs.me and all subdomains).
To see a list of all domains to be whitelisted for specific courses see CodeHS Whitelist Domains.
- See Running CodeHS on iPads to get best practices for iPad usage.
- See Programming Languages to see versions of coding languages supported in CodeHS.
- See Program Types to find all programming languages and program types that you can use in the CodeHS IDE.
- There are no plugins or browser extensions needed and no specific settings need to be changed
- There are no other dependencies or helper applications that need to be installed unless specified by the course.
Still have questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!