To help teachers assess their student's growth throughout the school year, CodeHS curriculum features several types of quizzes.
Summative Assessment Types
- Unit Quiz - quiz at the end of modules to assess overall understanding of the lessons
- Midterm - administered near the middle of the course to assess student progress and growth; useful to highlight student strengths and gaps before advancing to more challenging modules
- Final - summative quiz at the end of the course to synthesize learning of entire course content
- AP Practice - available in AP courses to help students prepare for the AP exam, these quizzes are meant to simulate the format of the AP exam
Example Unit Quiz at the end of a module:
Formative Assessment Types
- Check for Understanding - short quiz designed to confirm students watched the video and understood the main concepts
Example of a Check for Understanding quiz following a video:
For more assessment options, CodeHS offers some additional Pro resources:
- Midterms and Finals are available to be downloaded and printed or distributed as exams. You can find these on your handouts page.
- Offline Assessments are available to be downloaded and printed or distributed as exams. You can find these on your Offline Assessments page.
- Pro Exams are additional online exams. You can find them on your Pro Exams page. These can be used in addition to or in place of existing exams to give teachers alternative options for online assessment. Click the blue Assign button to assign them to your sections:
Still have questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!