The grading key is a simple way to gauge your students submissions and grading status for assignments. Assignments can have the following statuses / colors (on the Gradebook and Progress Tracking pages):
- Finalized: Teal, this means that the student’s grade for the assignment has been graded and finalized
- Submitted After Review: Dark Magenta, this means that the student resubmitted the assignment after it was reviewed by the teacher.
- Reviewed: Pink, this means that the student's assignment has been submitted, reviewed by the teacher, but isn't fully correct, thus being passed back to the student with a mark that means “Needs Work.”
- Submitted: Green, this means that the assignment was successfully submitted and passed the Test Cases, and is set to Teacher Graded. To adjust this settings, checkout your Grading Settings.
- Not Submitted: Yellow, students have started this assignment but have not submitted it. If this is set to Auto grading, it will not receive partial credit.
- Unopened: Grey, this means that students have not opened this assignment.
The CodeHS Gradebook and Progress Tracking tools are only available on Pro. To get Pro for your school, contact our team at email@example.com.