Fast grade is a CodeHS Pro tool designed to make grading student submissions on CodeHS quick and easy.
- Get access to all the information that you need to know about the submission you are grading.
- Assign a grade with a single click.
- Send new messages to students and review previous messages sent to students.
- Compare the student’s code to the assignment's solution code.
- Filter for the submissions that you need to grade. You can filter submissions by Assignment, Section, and Progress.
Accessing Fast Grade
- Click on Code Review along the left hand navigation bar.
- In your Code Review dashboard you will see the number of student submissions, time of submission, assignment name, and student name.
- From your review dashboard click on Fast Grade.
Awarding Grades in Fast Grade
There are four buttons used for grading in fast grade: Award Full Credit, Give Zero, Finalize, and Needs Work. Once you give a student a grade, the next submission will automatically appear.
- Award Full Credit: gives the submission a full score and marks it as finalized.
- Give Zero: gives the submission a score of 0 and marks it as finalized.
- Finalize: takes the score you input and gives the submission that score. Marks the submission as finalized.
- Needs Work: takes the score you input and gives the submission that score. Marks the submission as needs work.
Grading by Assignment for a Particular Section
With Fast Grade you can grade all submissions for a particular section. To do so:
- Go to the Section for which you want to grade submissions and click on Gradebook.
- Click on the assignment you want to grade and select Fast Grade.
- You can now grade all submissions for one particular assignment at a time.
Keyboard Shortcuts in Fast Grade
You can also use keyboard shortcuts to make the grading process even faster. Keyboard shortcuts can be found on the "?" icon on the right-hand side of the platform.
CodeHS Fast Grade is only available on CodeHS Pro. To get Pro for your school, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.