Creating a CodeHS Account
Your teacher should give you a URL or a Class Code. If you click on the URL, you’ll be asked to create an account with CodeHS. You can also go to codehs.com and sign up as a student, then enter the Class Code to join your teacher’s Section.
If your class uses Google Classroom
CodeHS sections that use Google Classroom will not have a Class Code. After your teacher creates their section, all you need to do is:
- Go to codehs.com
- Click Sign up
- Click Log In with Google and you will be taken to your assignments
- See more about logging in with Google Classroom
If your Teacher Gave you a Join Link
- Click the Join Link or copy and paste it into your browser
If your Teacher Gave you a Class Code
- Go to codehs.com
- Click Sign Up
- Click Create Student Account
Create Your Account
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter an email address (Note: your email address does not need to be a working email. This will be your login and your teacher can change it later if they need to)
- Create a password (Your teacher can help with resetting your password if you need it.)
- If your teacher gave you a Class Code, enter it at the bottom of the page. If your teacher sent you a Join Link, it will be filled in automatically. If you don't have a class code or a join link, please reach out to your teacher.
Enrolling in Another Section from the Student Page
If you already have a CodeHS account, you can enroll in a new Section by using the Class Code.
- Go to codehs.com/join_class or click on Join Section located in the left navigation bar
- If you’re logged into CodeHS and visit the invitation URL, you’ll automatically go to the Join Section page
Getting Started in CodeHS
Whenever you login, you will see your student page which lists all the sections in which you are enrolled. Click the name of the section to see all modules and start working through curriculum. Clicking on Resume takes your to the last activity you were working on.
The video guide below will show you everything you need to know to use the platform.
Still have questions? Contact our team at email@example.com to learn more!