Creating a CodeHS Account
Your teacher should give you a URL or a Class Code. If you click on the URL, you’ll be asked to create an account with CodeHS. You can also go to codehs.com and sign up as a student, then enter the Class Code to join your teacher’s Section.
If your Teacher Gave you a Join Link
- Click the Join Link or copy and paste it into your browser
If your Teacher Gave you a Class Code
- Go to codehs.com
- Click Sign Up
- Click Create Student Account
Create Your Account
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter an email address (Note: your email address does not need to be a working email. This will be your login and your teacher can change it later if they need to)
- Create a password (Your teacher can help with resetting your password if you need it.)
- If your teacher gave you a Class Code, enter it at the bottom of the page. If your teacher sent you a Join Link, it will be filled in automatically.
- If you don't have a class code, you'll see this - ask your teacher if you don't have a class code:
Starting Your Assignments in CodeHS
- Whenever you login, you will see your student page which lists all the sections in which you are enrolled
- Click on the name of the section to see all modules in a Section and start working through curriculum.
- Clicking on Resume takes your to the last activity you were working on.
Enrolling in Another Section from the Student Page
If you already have a CodeHS account, you can enroll in a new Section by using the Class Code.
- Go to codehs.com/join_class or click on Join Section located in the left navigation bar
- If you’re logged into CodeHS and visit the invitation URL, you’ll automatically go to the Join Section page
- Enter the class code for your new section
- You will now see the new section displayed on your student page
Signing up through Google Classroom
If your teacher uses Google Classroom, you won’t need a Class Code. After your teacher creates their section, all you need to do is:
- Go to codehs.com
- Click Sign up
- Click Log In with Google
- This will take you directly to your student page
- More about logging in with Google Classroom
Still have questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!