Customize What is Assigned with Is Assigned Settings:
Is Assigned Settings allows you to choose what is assigned in your section(s). To access Is Assigned Settings, click on your section, click on Course Settings and select Is Assigned Settings. You can then select what assignments will appear for students in the section.
Setting the module, lesson or assignment to Yes will determine what the students see. If set to Yes the module, lesson or assignment will appear in the students course, setting the module, lesson or assignment to No will hide the assignment from the students.
Customize What is Assigned from your Assignments page:
- Navigate to your Assignments page
- Click the '...' next to the assignment you wish to assign or unassign
- Under Configure, click Assigned? and a pop-up modal will appear to allow you to change the setting. OR you can click Configure and you will be taken to a new page to change the settings
Customize what Is Assigned for Individual Students:
From Student's Settings page:
- From your roster page, click on the gear icon next to the student's name
- Control the settings for modules, lessons, or even specific assignments
- If you would like to view less settings, you can select which settings to edit in the top left menu
From the Assignments page:
- Navigate to the Assignments page
- Click Configure next to the assignment you wish to assign or unassign
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find Configure per-student
- Select the section you want to edit
- Select Assign or Unassign for an individual student
This will automatically update whether or not the activity is viewable on the student end after assigning or unassigning at the section or student level.
Is Assigned Settings is only available on CodeHS Pro. To get Pro for your school, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.