Block/Text Settings allows you to set blocks or turn off blocks for a module, lesson or assignment in one place. You can access block/text settings by going to your section, clicking on Course Settings and selecting Block/Text Settings. You can allow blocks for one section or multiple sections.
Languages that Can Use Blocks
- Coding in Art, Music, or Sports
Courses with Block Compatible Activities
- Computing Ideas
- Web Design
- Intro to Programming with Karel
Setting the module, lesson or assignment to Yes will allow students to use blocks for the assignments selected.
To allow blocks for specific students from Students Assignment All Settings page:
- From your roster page, click on the gear icon next to the student's name
- Control the settings for modules, lessons, or even specific assignments
- If you would like to view less settings, you can select which settings to edit in the top left menu
Students Switching Between Blocks and Text Coding:
If blocks are enabled for a section, students have the option to switch between block and code view. From their editor page, they will see a text bar that reads, "Switch to Code View"
Or, "Switch to Block View"
If the student would like to change their default settings, they can click on the gear symbol in the upper right hand corner of their editor page. From there they can change the default of their editor to show block view or code view upon opening.
Still have questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!