Modifying a student's grade can be done anytime. Whether the final grade was given by the CodeHS autograder or you graded the student's assignment yourself, the steps to modify a grade are the same.
Modify Grades from the Code Editor:
- Go to the student's program in the Code Editor
- In the Code Editor visit the new Grade tab
- Enter the updated score in the Score field, from here you can also provide feedback, select Needs Work or Finalize the students grade
- Click Submit Grade and this will be reflected in the Gradebook
- Under Grading History you can view the student's grade over time.
Modify Grades from the Gradebook:
- Navigate to the Gradebook from the top navigation bar of your teacher page or in the CodeHS Toolbox
- Find the student and his/her assignment you want to modify and click on their current grade. This will drive you to the Code Editor for that assignment.
- In the Code Editor, visit the new Grade tab
- Here you will see four buttons: "Award Full Credit", "Give Zero", "Mark Finalized", and "Mark Needs Work".
Still have questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!