With the new CodeHS Assignments features, you can grade exactly how you want!
Modifying a student's grade can be done anytime. Whether the final grade was given by the CodeHS autograder or you graded the student's assignment yourself, the steps to modify a grade are the same.
- Navigate to the Gradebook from the top navigation bar of your teacher page or in the CodeHS Toolbox
- Find the student and his/her assignment you want to modify and click on their current grade. This will drive you to the Code Editor for that assignment.
3. In the Code Editor, visit the new Grade tab
4. Here you will see four buttons: "Award Full Credit", "Give Zero", "Mark Finalized", and "Mark Needs Work". Here is the breakdown of each button:
- "Award Full Credit" automatically gives the submission a score of max points and finalizes the submission
- "Give Zero" automatically gives the submission a score of 0 and finalizes the submission
- "Mark Finalized" will take the score you inputted and give the submission that score as well as finalize it
- "Mark Needs Work" will take the score you inputted and give the submission that score and mark it as needs work
For all four options you can also include Student Feedback and it will show up alongside the grade. These will all be reflected in the Gradebook
Using the Free version of CodeHS?
You can still modify student grades without the CodeHS Gradebook.
1. Go to the student's program in the Code Editor
2. In the Code Editor visit the new Grade tab
3. Enter the updated score in the Score field
Here you can also:
a. Add Student Feedback
b. Update the Grade to “Needs Work” or “Finalized”
4. Click Submit Grade and this will be reflected in the Gradebook
5. Under Grading History you can view the student's grade over time.
The CodeHS Gradebook is only available on CodeHS Pro. To get Pro for your school, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.