CodeHS allows you to view and share your graphics programs as apps for iOS and Android devices. We a program called Expo to do this, so before you start, download the Expo app to your phone.
View a Graphic Program on Mobile
Generate a QR Code
To view a graphic program as a mobile app:
- In your code editor, click the More tab
- Select Run on Phone tab from the editor
Use the QR Code to Run your Program
- On Android, open the Expo app on your phone, click Scan QR Code and scan the QR code.
- On iPhone, scan the QR code from your camera app.
After scanning the QR code, your graphics program will open as its own app within Expo, and you can now view and interact with it just like any other phone app!
- If any mouse methods were specified in the graphics program, the program will respond to touches to the screen as it would respond to clicks in the browser.
- If you make changes to your code, clicking Run Code in the editor will transfer changes to the mobile app version.
Check out this article to learn how you can publish your graphics program with Expo when you are ready to share it with others!
Still have questions? Contact our team at email@example.com to learn more!