Students can collaborate on programs using a logged-out version of the CodeHS Sandbox. The key is that all collaborators must be logged out of CodeHS. If students are logged in, the program will be associated with their account, and their teammates will not be able to access it.
To find the logged-out version of the Sandbox, students can:
- log out of their CodeHS accounts
- go to codehs.com
- click the + New Project button at the top of the page
- select from our most common languages, or
- select View All to see a complete list and then click Try It!
After choosing a programming language, students will be taken to a Sandbox editor where they can begin writing their program. This program will have a unique URL:
To collaborate on a new program, students can:
- log out following the steps above
- create a New Project
- write code and click the Save button
- share the URL with another logged-out student, who can write code and click Save
The students can then alternate writing code on the same project, clicking Save, and then reloading the program to see any updates and write their own.
Still have questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!