What's covered in the PD course?
Here is an overview of the course units:
- Welcome: This introductory module provides an overview of the AP CS in Java professional development course. You'll learn about the big ideas behind the course, key principles for teaching AP CS, access and equity in computer science, and goal planning and pacing.
- Teaching Programming in Java: Practice teaching the basics of programming with Java. This module reviews key concepts of Java and object-oriented programming and ways to teach them the classroom. You'll also practice grading and fixing student Java programs.
- Debugging in Java: Finding and fixing errors in programs is a fundamental skill for new and experienced programmers to develop. This module introduces debugging, the art and science of fixing broken programs. You'll learn techniques for finding common code errors and effective debugging strategies to share with students.
- Leading a Blended Coding Class: Learn to effectively lead a blended classroom that utilizes online and offline activities and tools. Practice classroom planning, customize your course, discover helpful resources, and incorporate best practices into your teaching.
- AP Exam and Beyond: This module explores the AP Computer Science A exam. You'll become acquainted with the length and format of the exam, exercise types, and common exam questions. Learn to help your students prepare for and master the AP exam.
For more information about the Teaching AP Computer Science A course, please visit the info page: https://codehs.com/info/pd/apjava.
To sign up, please visit: codehs.com/learnmore