What's covered in the PD course?
Here is an overview of the course units:
- Welcome - In this first module we give you an overview of the Introduction to Cybersecurity Professional Development Course. We’ll learn about key principles and ideas for teaching Cybersecurity, discuss issues of access and equity in the field of Computer Science, and set goals and expectations for how to make the most out of this course.
- Cybersecurity Bootcamps - In these modules, teachers learn the basics of cyber hygiene, cryptography and software security. Students will learn about common attacks and recommend solutions for flawed security systems.
- Using CodeHS Effectively - In this short module you will gain an understanding of what CodeHS brings to your classroom, practice using the teaching tools CodeHS provides, and learn how to use the CodeHS platform effectively.
- Teaching Cyber Hygiene - In this module we'll go over teaching the basics of cyber hygiene. We will cover common misunderstandings, explain ways to teach these concepts in the classroom, and how to grade student work.
- Teaching Cryptography and Security - In this module we’ll go over teaching the basics of cryptography and security. We will cover common misunderstandings, explain ways to teach these concepts in the classroom, and how to grade student work.
- Teaching a Blended Coding Class - Learn what leading a blended classroom with both online and offline activities looks like, and learn helpful ideas and best practices for incorporating online learning into a traditional classroom.
- Supplemental Content: Teacher Interviews! Hear from expert teachers who have taught computer science with CodeHS.
For more information about the Teaching Introduction to Cybersecurity PD course, please visit the info page: https://codehs.com/info/pd/cybersecurity
To sign up, please visit: codehs.com/learnmore