Follow this guide to get ready for your first day with CodeHS!
You can find this information in the form of a checklist at www.codehs.com/firstday
Make Sure Your Account is Fully Set Up:
- If you don’t have a CodeHS teacher account, create one at codehs.com/signup/teacher
- If you have purchased a Pro membership and don’t see a “Pro” sticker next to your class, contact your CodeHS Account Manager to set that up.
Set Up Your Classes:
- From your teacher page, create classes using the green “Create New Section” button in the top right corner
- Each of your classes has a unique class code, which can be found to the far right of the class name on your teacher page. Students will use this code to join the correct class.
- Find all of resources for your first lesson: https://codehs.com/library/lesson_plans/1 Be sure to switch to the course you’ll be teaching.
- Explore the curriculum like a student by toggling on your “Student Page”
- Explore the CodeHS teacher tools and resources from the CodeHS Toolbox at the top of any page.
- Join the Teacher Forum and introduce yourself forum.codehs.com/t/teacher-introductions/1000
Day 1 with Students
- Students can visit codehs.com/go to create their accounts and join your class with your class code.
- Once students sign up for your class(es), you’ll be able to see a class roster for each section.
Setting Expectations (First Week Lessons)