What's covered in the PD course?
Here is an overview of the course units:
- Welcome: Get an overview of the AP CS Principles professional development course. Learn about key principles and ideas for teaching the course, discuss access and equity in the field of Computer Science, and set goals and expectations for how to make the most out of this course.
- What is AP CS Principles? Learn about the new AP Computer Science Principles course, specific details about the new AP examination, and get an overview of the CodeHS AP CSP curriculum
- How CodeHS Works: In this short module you will gain an understanding of what CodeHS is bringing to your classroom, and learn how to use the CodeHS website effectively.
- Tools and Resources for CS Principles: AP CS Principles is a brand new course, and we have developed several helpful tools and resources to help you teach this course. In this module, you’ll practice using these new tools and resources.
- Teaching a Blended Coding Class: Learn what leading a blended classroom with both online and offline activities looks like, and learn helpful ideas and best practices for incorporating online learning into a traditional classroom.
- Programming Bootcamp: Dive in and learn the basics of programming by working through a condensed version of the programming modules in the AP CSP course.
- Teaching Programming Concepts: In this module we’ll cover programming concept by concept and learn about ways to teach in the classroom, common mistakes made by students, and how to grade these types of problems.
- Basics of Debugging: Debugging is locating and fixing errors in programs, and is one of the most important skills for your own programming as well as grading others’ code. In this module we’ll identify common errors in web development code, and teach you effective debugging strategies that you can model and share with your students.
For more information about the Teaching AP Computer Science Principles PD course, please visit the info page: https://codehs.com/info/pd/apcsp.
To sign up, please visit: codehs.com/learnmore