CodeHS lesson plans help teachers prepare to teach new content saving them time and energy to focus on instruction. Our lesson plans can be downloaded or printed so that a teacher can then customize them to fit their needs.
Who can access lesson plans?
The first 5 lesson plans of any course can be used by Pro and Free customers. In order to access all of the CodeHS Lesson Plans for a course beyond the first 5, you must be a CodeHS Pro customer.
What is included in the lesson plans?
- Lesson overview and activities for that lesson.
- Solution References: Gives teachers the solution to lesson quizzes and exercises.
- Detailed Problem Guides: Provides teachers an in-depth look at the coding solution and provides them with common questions that might come up.
- Vocabulary: Lists the terms and definitions of new vocabulary that will be introduced in this lesson.
- Handouts: Links to a google doc that can be shared or printed. The handouts are designed to give students an opportunity to work on coding concepts offline. Each handout has a teacher version and student version. (Not every lesson plans has handouts)
- Planning notes and Teaching Strategies: These sections help teachers prepare for introducing this lesson to their students.
- Video Slides: Teacher can use these slides to have class discussions about the introduction video for the lesson.
- Discussion Questions: Help teachers engage students in reflecting on the coding concepts introduced in the lesson.
Finding CodeHS Lesson Plans:
From your section home page click on “Lesson Plans” from the toolbar. You can also lesson plans by clicking “Lesson Plans” under Resources in your Toolbox.
On the next page you will be able to switch course, switch sections, print lesson plans, and click on a lesson plan to navigate to the the individual lesson plan.
Now that you are on in the lesson plan you can scroll down to see all of the content, click the blue button to download the lesson, and click the arrows to navigate from one lesson plan to the next.